Worried? How to choose a domain name for your new blog?
The right selection of a domain name search is one of the important keys to build the foundation of your blog or website.
Domain name Communicate important information to both human visitors and search engine bots.
Domain name meaning: – A domain name is the identity of your blog or website.
A domain name is the address of your website where users can access through the internet.
A domain name is used for finding and identifying computers on the internet. A computer uses an IP address which is a series of numbers. For humans remembering strings of numbers is difficult. To avoid this, domain names were developed to identify entities on the internet.
Whenever you visit a website, the domain name appears in the address bar of the web browser. Some domain names are preceded by “www” (which are not part of the domain name) while others omit the “www” prefix. All domain name uses .com,.net or .org as a domain name suffix to identify the types of website.
For example.com” domain names suffix is used by the commercial website while the “.org” suffix is used by a nonprofit organization. Some domain names end with a country code such as “.in” which helps identify the location and audience of the website.
Once you choose a domain name for your blog or a website it represents the identity of yourself or your brand. To Change Your Domain Name Later? Once you register your domain name, later you cannot change it. Because the domain name has become your brand. Your backlink popularity and search traffic are linked to your domain name. So it is very important to choose your domain name very carefully and start their initiation of web journey with a good domain name registered.
Only a few have successfully changed their domain names.
Here are 10 important tips on how to pick a domain name.
(1) Selection of a domain name by choosing one keyword or more.
Choosing a unique memorable name is a tricky one. There are various ways to choose a domain name. You can simply base your domain name on your domain name or your Existing business.Neilpatel.com, Digitaldeepak.com, Amazon. in, devenderaneja.com, worthpurpose.org are few examples of the domain name. Selecting a strong keyword is a smarter way of choosing an effective domain name. The SEO benefits can bring more traffic by helping your site rank more highly in search engine results. Tools like Google keyword planner and Kwfinder to search terms with high search volumes can give you an idea to choose a keyword that represents your website and content as a whole.
For example, newlyblog.com is a domain name that indicates the blogging website aims to cater to the need to teach blogging to a new learner by publishing content about blogging. Newly blog is a generic keyword search term.
(2) Selection of a domain name using Domain Name Generator.
Once you have found some keyword relevant to your business or niche, can give you an idea for your domain name.
Using a domain name generator for example company like godaddy.com,namecheap.com,name.com,shopify.in,domainwheel.com.bluehost.com are some domain name generator company can give suggestions and confirm the availability of domain name for purchase.
2.1 Domain name suggestion tool: –There is many domain name suggestion tools available on the market.
Domainsbot: – Domainsbot is a simple domain suggestion tool which also uses your keyword to give you some nice domain suggestions
Namemesh:-Namemesh is a popular free domain name generator tool. The beauty is, here you can also search for domain name availability for new domain name extension. You can define how much should be the maximum character of your domain name & if you would like to check availability for other domain name extensions as well.
Shopify:-Shopify is the most popular website for launching your e-commerce website. They also have a business name generator tool which will help you to come up with a meaningful domain
Name for your business. The only limitation is; it searches only for the .com domain names.
Panabee:-Beauty of Panabee is its visual aspect, you can quickly add your word and it will start suggesting names
You can search for domain name availability in all the domain extensions which is an important feature. It also lets you search for name availability on the social media platform.
I hope this list of domain suggestion tools will be very helpful for you to find the best domain name.
(3) Selection of domain name carefully: – You must choose your domain name very carefully. If possible, choose .com. If you don’t have .com. You will lose traffic to the .com version when your website becomes famous.
(4) Selecting a shorter name- A domain name is recommended to be 12 characters or less. You should keep it short as much as possible. It should not have name twists.
(5) Pass mobile phone test: – Your domain name should be easy to understand and spell for anyone. If you tell your domain name to anyone, he should able to type it out on a mobile phone without asking to spell the name. The domain name must pass the mobile phone test.
(6) Selection of a domain name by avoiding using any hyphen or number:-If you use numbers or hyphen in your domain name, then people might not know if they should type in a word or a digit. Also, avoid using double letters.
(7) Check Social Media: – It is recommended that you should check social media to find the availability of your domain name. You can maintain your brand across all channels.
(8) Domain name free from copyright issues: – You should never use others well-established brand name as your domain name. You can face legal issues once the company will know about it. You will end up losing it. It is also recommended that you should check the registered trademark too.
(9) Premium domain name: – Some most popular premium names are set reserved for a premium price to sell. If you are looking specifically name and planning a professional business website, it is worth able to buying such premium domain names.
Sedo.com, buydomains.com, afternic.com are some premium domain name sites.
(10) Avoid expired domain name:-It is possible that domain names were registered previously but expired so availability of such domain name. Such an option should be handled carefully. There is the possibility that inherits any previous Google penalties attached to the domain.
Choosing the ‘right’ domain name depends on your niche, audience, products, and services. Taking time to weigh-up your options now will pay-off over time.
Try a few methods and tools as I have mentioned in a blog post. Play around with words and phrases. And, most importantly, get some feedback before finally deciding on your domain name.
Please leave your valuable comment in the comment box. You can send mail to me in terms of your feedback. Please do share on social media, if you liked our blog post.